Saturday, September 29, 2012

My heartbeat slows down. It's bedtime. I begin with song. They listen and the music, the strings fill the room. I'm singing "Breathe Me", I ask what this song means to them both. Alexa says, "I, am free Dad". Eliana peacefully falls asleep. I react to both with a crying smile. If only they knew how emotionally difficult it has been recently. Heavy heart, bedridden, thoughtful, quiet, alone. The music continues to fill the room, this is where I love to be, a moment. Where our hearts, like a Star Gazer, open up and allows flowing peace to come inside. I love this deeply.

1 comment:

  1. You are so sweet, coincidentally found you via facebook, what a sweet and special father you are. Truly amazing, you should be very proud of yourself with your bond with your children and everything you have together. xx

    ReplyDelete